Thursday, August 16, 2012

Real Life

Last night I had the honor to do my 12 Step Inventory with my sponsor. What a wonderful experience. I do the 12 Steps for my issues with codependency & issues with food.

Writing out your issues in black & white, then sharing them with someone you love & trust that is trained to take you through an in-depth self-evaluation is communication at its highest form. Why? Because self-communication & self-knowledge are very liberating. The adage "know thyself" cane to mind over & over again in ny mind as I went through that process.

Nothing in my Inventory was new to me, but the way we were asked to evaluate each topic, had me dig deep in my gut for answers. This experience juxtaposed against my class this month made me think today I am the global environment through which these messages are coming through. In order to communicate to & with others effectively the first communication must come from our internal terrain. This is real life...the junk in our trunk!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment