Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Jing

I am loving my new class and I have been introduced to a new software called Jing. What one does is make a PowerPoint presentation and then Jing allows you to do voice overs explaining what the slides mean. So a presentation without having to video your FACE!!!

It is my favorite price FREE and I had a ball doing it. Simple to download, watched about five YouTube videos on how to work it and walah!!! Class is going well, the reading is KILLER, but I am holding my own. I love this topic of Communicating in a Global Environment. I am learning a lot about myself and what I actually believe about communication and communication styles. Who knew there was a belief system there, but by golly there is!!!

My classmates are articulate and we really have some wonderful discussions in our required threaded conversations...all those years sharing on Facebook make this a natural part of my learning experience. For my teacher last month, Theresa Collington, I promised on my last post to include the titles of the books we are using this month. So here we go Theresa with anchor text and all. The first text is Interpersonal Messages: Communication and Relationship Skills, Second Edition by Joseph A Devito. The second required test for the class is Intercultural Communication by Samovar, Porter and McDaniel. Both texts are excellent reads and while the first gives you a perspective of communication from a general framework, which I appreciate since my undergrad degree is not in Communications, the second does exactly what it says and provides an intercultural understanding of what I would call the new communication model that will be required in a globalized environment.

Back to work on my 750 word essay, due this Sunday...ahhhh, the rigors of graduate school.

No comments:

Post a Comment